Maintains customer relationship by responding to inquiries; documenting actions. Primary Job Functions:
Oversee companys risk by identifying and addressing threats/factors that may adversely impact the organizations portfolio. The Risk Management role requires the incumbent to work closely with Sr. Staff and other managers throughout the organization to assess potential threats and vulnerabilities, and develop the appropriate risk responses through mitigation and/or contingency plans. In addition this position is responsible for the development and implementation of Financial Assurance policies and procedures to enhance the ISOs protections from Credit and Market risk. This role also includes responsibility for managing the Companys Issues Management and Quality Assurance Programs, its related Business Process and Records Management programs. This position is also responsible for overseeing and managing the companys Business Continuity Program. Enterprise Risk Management:
- Develop and implement appropriate tools and measures to identify, assess, mitigate, monitor and report on enterprise risks.
- Identify appropriate benchmarks and risk assessment models to guide prioritization of business requirements and resource allocation.
- Maintain and monitor the corporate-wide risk inventory.
Credit and Market Risk Management:
- Oversee the administration of the ISO New England Financial Assurance Policy
- Quality Management and Performance Measurement:
- Provide leadership for ISO-NEs Issues Management and Quality Management Program in pursuit of the companys continuous improvement goals.
- Oversee the business process management and records management programs.
- Oversee the design and approval of the annual corporate scorecard.
Business Continuity Plan:
- Provide leadership to maintain a structured business continuity plan approved by senior management and executed by the business unit managers and employees.
- Manage and coordinate the use of the Backup Control Center, ensuring continued functional capability.
- Required Skills/Qualification:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information , Multi-tasking
- Minimum of fifteen years of relevant work experience (e.g., operational risk management, financial/credit risk management, quality assurance programs, project management)
- Minimum of five years experience managing teams of ten or more.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences, both within ISO-New England and outside the company
- Strategic thinker; pragmatic problem solver; creative; flexible.
- Maturity of judgment and decision making related to risk management and underwriting
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive relationship management skills and positive experience interfacing
- with high-level executives.
- Proven people management and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with ISO markets and relevant FERC and CFTC regulation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with state regulators and other stakeholders to formulate
- and implement policy changes
- A Bachelors Degree in a field such as Business, Operations, Finance or Economics is required.
- An advanced degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or Finance is desirable
- Certification a plus: E.g., Financial Risk Management (FRM) or Energy Risk Professional (ERP)